Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Winter/Holiday Round Robin

In January I am starting another Round Robin with a Holiday/Winter theme. I  hope to have the blocks back by summer in order to have them ready for next Christmas. I chose a variety of schemes for the blocks. The first is a Swedish Block to pay homage to my grandfather's roots. It includes a photo transfer of a painting by Swedish artist Carl Larson.

 Next is my block with the blue color scheme. I love how this one turned out.

A traditional Santa block.
 

A block with an image/clock received as a gift from another Crazy Quilter, Joyce in Alabama. I thought it would make a nice New Year's block.

I have tried in vain to get a good pic of my dog Chloe, but this looks a lot like her, so this block is in her honor.
 

Lastly, a block using an image from illustrator Harrison Fisher. Famous for his pics of glamorous women of the early 20th century. This pic lends itself to an unuusal pink color scheme.  

I can't wait to see how they progress over the next few months. The participants are Thearica in North Carolina, Alice in Wisconsin, Helina in Finland, Lorrie in Canada, Wendy in Alabama. Will keep you posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment