Sunday, May 2, 2010

Crazy Quilting Finds

Among our adventures yesterday were many rummage and garage sale stops. It was our first big day of the garage sale season. I got some nice things to use in crafting and crazy quilting. The first picture is a bag of goodies I got at a fundraiser for Relay for Life for $5. Some really nice wood stamps, stencils, sequins, a cutting mat and pretty vintage piece. I also got three craft books not shown.
These two needlework pieces were 10cents each. I will take them out of the frame and incorporate them into a crazy quilt block.
The black piece is a "little black dress" snatched for a quarter. I will take the lace off to use and the fabric is a tone on tone I will use in a Round Robin I will be in later this year using all black fabrics with bright embellishments. The beaded motif was 50cents and the other small pieces were free! I am also going to be in an "under the sea" Round Robin later this year and I thought the crab was adorable for that.


Before I end please check out this new  blog of a fellow crazy quilter. Jewelry, crazy quilting accessories, threads and charms. She also plans a giveaway for the first of June...http://www.shawkl.com/

HHMMMM! that gets me thinking, I should have my own giveaway. Maybe on my 50th post!

No comments:

Post a Comment