Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010




I'm the baby with my mother, Charlene Nelson. She passed away at the young age of 51, in 1975. The little boy in the picture is my cousin, Gary.  I miss you Mom!


This is me with my paternal grandmother, Pauline Nelson. She also passed many years ago, the same week that JFK was assassinated. My maternal grandmother passed long before I was born.












This is me as a happy first time mom. My son Thomas was around 1.5 months old. Summer of 1987. He was born May 9. So today is a double celebration. I am meeting him for dinner later today. He is 23 years old and has grown into a fine young man.                  

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing 'us' and our 'moms'! Seems like yesterday doesn't it, Darlene! Hope you enjoyed your day with Thomas. And yes, I'm part Irish, german and Indian on my dad's side! Heinz 57 I think they call it!

    ReplyDelete